The Exquisite Dress Exchange Extravaganza
Maquoketa Financial Group
805 W. Platt Street
Four communities are involved including: Maquoketa, Wyoming (Midland), Andrew, and Preston. This is an opportunity for families to sell gently used prom, homecoming, or dance dresses, purses, shoes, and jewelry to a huge audience of buyers looking for quality newer dresses at a much lower cost. The dresses will be of the year 2005 or newer, cleaned and pressed, and in a plastic bag.Dresses will be accepted during the entire month of December. When dropping off a dress for the Dress Exchange Event, the dress will be looked over to ensure quality, if it's on a hanger, and in a clear plastic bag. Clear plastic bags will be available at each drop off site at no charge. When dropping off the dress, the seller will discuss the original price and the selling price. A tag will be attached to dress and a receipt given to the seller.The tag will list the original price, selling price, and a code. The seller information is private. Buyers will not know who the seller is. The seller will keep 80% of the selling price. The remaining 20% stays with the organizing entity The Maquoketa Kiwanis Club After Prom Committee. (Purses, shoes and jewelry are a 50/50 split.)At the event, there will be several volunteers, including Fitters. These fashion savvy Fitters are women from Maquoketa who do not have girls in high school who will greet and assist all shoppers to help them find a dress! These classy volunteers will ensure the shopping experience is fun and successful for all ages, sizes and economic background.Dresses & items will be collected during the entire month of December. Dresses and items not sold will be given back. Gilmore Drycleaners is giving a 10% cleaning discount for any dresses cleaned for this event.Special thanks to Gilmore Dry-cleaning and the Comfort Inn for discounts.